Monday, November 16, 2009

My Current Life

Every time when I'm out of food, I get to choose what I want to buy to eat. I have three option to choose: ~

Option 1
Walk straight out to my house junction and turn left to McDonald.

Option 2
Walk straight out to my house junction and turn right to Taman Free School's hawker stall.

Option 3
Stay at home and cook Maggie Mee.

Usually I will choose Option 1 and never consider about the other two not because I'm rich but just want a change of taste since everyday must eat home cook food. (I rarely get this chance leh)

BUT

Today onwards, if I get myself into this situation AGAIN, I will choose Option 2 or Option 3.

Here's the reason, I was feeling damn super bored and rotting at home. So I find myself a job that is near my home which is McDonald. Everyday i get to eat one set of meal consist of a medium fries, a medium drink and any type of main dish I want. Not a bad offer, just that dessert is not allowed =(

The first day there, I met my trainer Rohanah (one of the manager), we call her kak Anah. She showed me everything in the kitchen till the front counter (which I've seen since small) and the Big Boss (owner) picture. I got shock when I saw the picture. It's the Big Boss and her sister picture and I thought it was just an advertisement picture which show people the happy feeling eating at McD =.=

After introduction, my trainer says today I do "runner" where I must get all the meals ordered my the customer and arrange them on the tray while the cashier accepts the payment. It took me a while to encrypt the weird codes on the monitor.

Eg : 1 LCoke, 1 vlDD, LFries, 3 ketchup, 3 Chilli.

I can encrypt all until I saw the vlDD. I stood there think "What the hell is that". Stopped a senior to help me interpret it and only I realize it is Value Lunch Double Cheese Burger. =.=

The next day, I changed station already. I was assign to Drive-Thru "presenter". Over there I have to check all the meals prepared by the runner before giving it to the customer. Most important I have to greet the customer "Good evening, welcome to McDoanld. Here is your order and please come again". Now when I close my eye to sleep, that stupid speech keeps ringing in my head. Celaka betul.

As for the working environment, it is nice to have such a funny colleague. Before that, all the Malay co-worker got problem pronouncing my name. I keep getting all weird names starting from Gun to Top Gun to Lim Guan Eng till one of them create a Malay name for me "Razri". I blow there.

The managers and crew leader is ok but I have to say this, the females are the most efficient. They will do everything fast and very garang especially the Chinese. They guy's all steady wan. They came up with a code "take ur time as long as it is right order" which I like it a lot. LOL

That my current life so far. Later I'll be working 8hr shift today. Haih. Leg muscle training again. =(


4 comments:

Dr. Theorist said...

Well, Razri is quite close to Razeen. ;-)

JaredT said...

Hello there. We can talk about work experiences in McD. HAHA I am a ex-worker. Lazy worker who worked on on weekdays and 7 hours per day. True.

Kak Ana is very nice. She treated me very well. The big boss and the sister is Kak Surya right? That one is super friendly and I somewhat very "di-sayangkan" by her...and the other lady boss who wears office clothes. I feel la. They are very nice people ma.

Most dangerous officials are the..er..forgot his name la but he's the largest person there. Another, largest woman. also forgot her name. But still friendly nevertheless.

And then the full time crew there..cool and skilled people. Like you see engineers and technicians or pilots, you see these skilled workers at the kitchen or the runners.

So what job have you been placed in? hehe

Unknown said...

Haha.. ya ya. Kak Suria. Work good enough got summore medal of honour wan. LOL. N all the seniors wear the top gun vest memang top gun. do things sipek fast. I think the largest guy u talk is william. he is in charge of the schedule wan n i almost every week bug him 2 shift my time. LOL but he like to joke a lot n now got the "HELP" word d. U can shout the word as long as u r not in front of the customer n back up will arrive. lol
one of the manager Angeline started this. LOL

JaredT said...

yeahhh. eh no, much bigger than William as in sideways. William and Angeline the only 2 chinese managers.

These mentioned managers are all very good and friendly people. You try ask William if he still remembers me...kirim salam. Almost 2 years already.

syiok huh eat mcd for break everyday. very shiok.