Friday, November 6, 2009

Why pilot

I just don't know why I wanted to blog about this today but I shall make good use of this post to continue burning my desire to fly. =D

Honestly speaking, I start to love planes when I'm seven. It started when i went to the Bayan Lepas International Airport (today:Penang International Airport) to pick up my uncle from Singapore. Each time I go there, I will go to the second floor where there is a big glass covered for you to see the whole runway and planes parking at their respective terminals. I somehow syeok see the planes taking off and landing *somehow*

When I was eight, it was my first time to step on a plane. I'm actually flying to Johor Bahru (Senai Airport) instead of a direct flight to Singapore. I sat on a MAS Boeing 737 (air asia belum lahir lagi kua). The most interesting part of the flight is the taking off and when the plane is turning. Got the nice feeling when it turns. When the plane lands, almost half the plane passengers clap. The eight year old kid was also asked to clap but he ask his grandmother why must clap? The boy was answered that each time the person who lands the plane, he must make good decision and calculation to land smoothly. Still puzzled, isn't this their job??? That question went unanswered.

The experience above only make me love planes but not the occupation. At the age of eight, I did not know that a person that flies the plane is called a pilot. =.=

Now why I wanted to be a pilot?

One of the reasons is that I like traveling. I like to travel to new places and I believe the whole world can never be finish explore till the your last breath. Look at the pictures below:

London

South Korea (Autumn)

Tokyo

How nice can it be when your job allows you to go round the world exploring, meeting new people, witnessing different cultures and seeing new architectures such as:

Not sure where this is

That's just the beauty of the land. When up in the sky it can also be a beautiful place. BUT it can also be a nightmare. Look at the bright side. =D

Where can you get such a view from the land?

OR

Rainbow view from the sky

Well, that's just the side interest. The main interest of me to be a pilot is because like I said earlier I love planes and I want to sit in the cockpit and fly people around =)

Very tempting

Even more tempting

The other reason is the non-fixed working schedule. Its like my current life, sometimes can sleep till damn late, sometimes have to wake up early, sometimes have to stay overnight. Syeok right. At least they wont wake you up in the middle of my sleep to fly. If they do, I will crash the plane into the airline HQ. LOL joking only.

Lastly is the stupidest reason on earth. I wanted the job because I like the uniform. =.=" And also get to enter restricted areas that ordinary people cannot enter. Hah

The video below is about a pilot's life. The song must hear 10x only sound nice.



Well that's all for now. I can only hope and I hope I really have the passion for it. There's a saying:
"you may like but it does not mean you may love"

3 comments:

Dr. Theorist said...

It's in Japan. Thing is, it has started to sink already. =)

JaredT said...

I LOVE YOUR POST! You stood up for the real pilots. Only one small downside, being bored up above the skies looking at blue and white...small matter.


Great. Does the airport still have that big glass? I think A&W many years ago has it..then A&W doesnt exist anymore. My great memory there was getting the A&W soap at the sink sprayed into my eyes...then I shouted and cried.

Yeah, you're freaking right. The uniform. I agree. I love uniforms, be it scouts or military. Sea Scouts leaders have the closest looks to pilots.

And, I wish you to shake your hands in the future as fellow commanders of a flight. be it jumpseater or passenger...worst case scenario, air steward.

Unknown said...

is it true ka razeen... so sad man like dat