Sunday, November 2, 2008

High tech and Low Tech

Yesterday I went to Bukit Mertajam, Bandar Perda. Go Aeon, a shopping complex something like Queensbay. I go there i feel bored because it reminds me of the torturing day on Friday in QB. Everything over there was very the same. Whatever Queensbay have almost there have, even "BASKIN ROBBINS" (Got a little bit frightened there, hahaha) A very nice complex. To those who never been there should give a try. If don't know the way, then here i am, GPS system. Hahaha, i can lead u the way.

OK.. Ok.. Now get into the main topic, high tech!!!
After shopping went to a restaurant, not really a restaurant also its like a high class kopitiam. Hahaha. When my father ask the waiter for order.... then.... fulamak.... I see something i never get to see in Penang Island before. In penang when a waiter takes your order, they usually write down or memorise your order. This one... special wan... this waiter use a PDA PHONE to take your order. Wow!!! i seriously never seen this before. At first i thought it was only she who uses PDA phone but then i start to notice all other waiters are the same. they uses PDA phones to take order. I alsolearnt that once they take your order, the kitchen will have a big monitor for the chefs to see the order taken down. Wah.... i tell my father. And my father replied, "you think only Penang Island people high tech ah? U dun look down at mainland people..." Fuyoh. really respect the tauke there.

Low tech
After completing my usual trainig at around 5.30pm, I went to Hameediyah to eat Murtabak :D
Baught 5 packet for my family. This restaurant usue the memorizing method to take down your order. Each Murtabak cost Rm3.00

Therefor 5 pieces = RM3.00 X 5
= RM15.00

I asked
Me : Boss berapa semua?
Anak Boss : Ermm, 5 kali 3... ermm... semua Rm20
Me: Huh, satu keping berapa?
Anak Boss : Satu keping Rm3
Me : Jadi 5 keping ialah
Anak Boss : Eh.. sorry sorry, semua RM18
Me : Huh... Satu keping Rm3, jadi 5 kali 3 ialah? (Blow for a while)
Anak Boss : Eh... sorry sorry semua Rm15.
Me : Har... (lalu saya bayar)

Well readers, so clear how far Penang people is so left back. Hahaha

No comments: