Sunday, February 1, 2009

House of Birds

Taking Electrical and Electronic Engineering is a very challenging subject. I must every time think and brainstorm how to do the reports, "Engineering Drawings" and worst... ASSIGNMENTS. If i non-stop thinking, people will see me as if i am day dreaming or blow face type. So i walk round the house, go kick air, drink 5 cups of water 1 shot and look outside the window and notice and look at Penang Hill. LOL. But the sound of the birds chirping divert my attention to them. From that time onwards i start to notice many types of birds flying around my house. Intro some to you all.

Lately my most recent bird i seen the most is the my father called it the Merbok.

This bird walk very slow and I find them always walk in pair. Never alone, minimum two birds. Today saw them again and this time they are drinking my water from my leaking water meter. Haven't charge them yet. xD

Next interesting bird will be the Kingfisher.

This bird resembles me. Sometimes go as a lone ranger, sometimes go in a group. LOL. With the name Kingfisher, you might think it eats only fish. Got once i caught it catching worm in its mouth. Maybe it is using it as a bate for the fish in the pond in PFS. Hahahaha

Anyway, this bird is the most cutest and it makes the most noise cos it moves in a big gang. Very cute bird indeed. It's the sparrow.

Cute leh.....

Then, during the evening i see these small birds all flying quite high, higher then all the birds above. I not sure what species it is but it looks like a swallow to me.
Looks something like that but the bottom of the bird is purely black. Again, maybe the Carbon monoxide around my area turns it into black.

Not to forget the famous pigeon found abundantly in Penang.

Always make its weird noise when it builds its nest or lay eggs. Something that you must know, my family and neighbours seems to not like the pigeons to set up their nest on any of our homes. See their nest means.... you know la.... sad case for the pigeon.

There are many other birds that i don' really know their name but are quite pretty and some looks very "muscular" O_o Got even 1 type of bird, a small bird build a nest in my home and i watched the whole process from day 1 it build its nest till the chick was born. I even fed the chick secretly when the parents were out xD I fed it with small caterpillars found on my "Fu Kuai Far" (a type of flower) in my garden. Hahaha...

Nevertheless two types of birds end up on my table during Chinese New Year. The tow bird taste delicious and seriously i want to eat it everyday. The two birds are :

Roasted Duck

&

Steam Chicken (Pek sah kei)

Hehehehe..... If Kelvin Khor reads this, sure kena say till gai wan.

No comments: