Saturday, May 9, 2009

On cloud 9 again!!!

Boeing 777-200

Today was reading Saturday Star till I stumble on this article on the weekender Column, "Tested and Approved"

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2009/5/9/lifefocus/3836663&sec=lifefocus

It's about a pilot's career in Malaysian Airline. A very interesting and assurance article on the safety and regulations tested on the pilots every six month. I guess if i talk more about it, people will just move away from my blog :D, so I will leave it to readers to find out about the safety tested :p

Boeing 777-200 Flight simulator

A place where the practical test are done. Its also a place for pilots to do all whatever "approved" stunt moves in there. :)

By the way, according to Human Resource (HR) department, they will stop recruiting any pilots for the time being as the economic does not side them but cadet intakes will be reopen in 2011. Therefore I shall wait till 2011 and I hope i will get in there.

2 comments:

Dr. Theorist said...

Yeah I took my time reading it. Cool, I tell you! Whoever said Malaysian stuffs weren't good? We have excellent pilots, we have state of the art simulators and above all, we have excellent applicants. If I'm not doing Medicine, I'll be surely join the program since they've made the eyesight criterion more lenient. If not for the modest salary, pilots would've stayed put.

Btw, I thought you're applying for AirAsia's cadet training program?

Unknown said...

I retrench my application. Hoping to complete my diploma 1st.