Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tales of Valor

YES!!! Its been so long since I have played new games. I'm always stuck with the Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare 2 till Alan Looi introduce me the new strategy game Company of Heroes; Tales of Valor. I got interested of the game after watching the movie, Band of Brothers.


Overall, the game is more of a strategy game and it is unlike other strategy games like Generals or Red Alert. It is indeed a realistic game. When I say realistic, I do not mean the graphics although the graphic is not that bad but what i meant was the strategy used is more like a reality. Take an example, you can't use infantry armed with only machine guns to destroy a tank which therefore you upgrade the platoon to arm themselves with explosives to do the job. Unlike other games like Red Alert, with a machine gun, you can destroy a tank which make no sense.

Rangers taking cover in a combat to reduce damage compared to open space

By the way, the game is more on World War Two warfare. So expect to see ONLY WW2 technologies and no other high end weapon.

Anti-Tank crew

2 comments:

kc said...

coh huh.. enjoy. i thought the latest trend is starcraft 2 now?

Unknown said...

very true, but starcraft 2 not my type =p