Saturday, September 24, 2011

Internship


Yes, I am now doing my internship in Plexus Manufacturing Sdn Bhd. (Riverside plant)

Reported for duty last Monday, and was greeted by a beautiful Human Resource Staff, Jessica Lim *whoot* who contacted most of us and in charge of our placement.

Anyway, I'm now under the Supply Quality Engineering Department. *lousy department* This department is just another name for Quality Assurance (QA) for all supplies before it is been manufactured.

Huh??

I mean, it checks for the suppliers parts quality before it is used to be manufactured/processed

Most of us got placement in Plexus, but quite a few were placed in different plant. Mostly in Hillside.

Anyway, our first day, we are required to wear the shoe cover. I'm not sure for what reason but I believe is to prevent us from picking up static from outside environment.

That cover just reminds me of my Taekwondo Sparring safety shoes.

After the orientation, all of us went to our respective departments and I get to meet my boss, get to know where I sit and sadly I can't meet my supervisor. He was on Emergency leave =(

After lunch hour, we got our ESD shoes. A shoe I MUST wear all time when I am in Plexus building. ESD simply stands for ElectroStatic Discharge Shoe. I now have no fear of touching any metal objects and get myself shock anymore =D

I know the ESD shoe look like girls shoe

Besides that, they also provide us the ESD Smock.

Look more like a doctor.

Manage to see part of the production floor. Yet to enter in there to have a look. That's all for my first day I guess. Pretty boring day. In fact it is VERY boring.

Ohhhh..... one more thing. Plexus very bad to their trainees. They don't provide internet access to their employees. Damn sad. When I got nothing to do, I just walk round and round and round the office. Jump round and round and round the office. Now you can imagine how boring it is. WORST is!!! I cant sleep!!!! WHY?? Because I sitting next to the Department head. =(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha.no.internet access...sure..huhu. supplier quality team under QA, is it?

Suci said...

Still at plexus ?