Friday, October 3, 2008

Mission Accomplish!!!

Today was an interesting day yet also a sad day. The happy news is I was the FIRST to complete Lab 2 Assessment and the sad news is I did a lot of stupid mistakes. SHIT man, I cannot forgive myself for all the errors I made. Because of that error i lost around 5 marks. For your info, Chan really squeeze me up nicely but luckily I'm flexible enough to escape through (not the hugging type of squeezing ah!!!)

A Ractifier and also a Voltage Multiplier

Based on the circuit diagram, you are asked to construct it with the Vin = 5 Sin(200Pie t)

For those who don't know what the 5 Sin(200Pie t) means, its actually an Alternate Current (AC) where the 5 means amplitude/ voltage and the "Sin(200Pie t)" means the frequency which is 100Hertz for this case in a sine wave form.

After settting up the circuit, i glanced through Mr Chan's Assessment Criteria. It states the following
  1. Competency in planning test set-ups/ procedures to evaluate circuit performance conditions queried in the LA-8
  2. Competency in commenting the test outcomes in LA-8
LA-8 = Prepare a test plan to evaluate the circuit practically. Determine if its performance is optimum.

OKKKK, looks OK to me but then still dun understand what actually he wanted ler. Just Do It, yea, that's the motto most INTI Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering will use when in Mr Chan's Lab. They will just say this, "aiya man chap la, cho lo ki nia la" (Aiya, don't care d la, just do it la) So i follow that prinsip :D

After finishing experementing, here comes the time for assestment. Mr CHAN comes to my table.
Mr Chan : Tell me your test plan. What is your test plan?

Me : Umphhh..... poke poke my partner, then he did the talking. Hahahaha. (Later i c my partner also dying out of points d, so i reinforce him with some. Hahahaha...)
Mr Chan : Oo... OK. U sure? Do you have anything to add on?

Me : Umphh... YEA (? all over my head, hahaha)


Mr Chan : OK. (Sign the paper)


Me : Phew...


Mr Chan : What do you get in your oscilloscope?


Me : 8 Volts... (again, ? all over my head)


Mr Chan : How much Voltage did you expect from the circuit? Was it 15V?


Me : Umphhh... erm..... ar.... No ler. Should be 10 Volts. (Die d la)


Mr Chan : Explain.


Me :Crap crap crap crap crap.... n again crap crap crap


Mr Chan : Very good, you are good! ( he sign my paper, cos i find that i was the only one got 5 marks for that criteria)


Me: Huh!!! i talk rubbish also can get 5 marks, Walau woi. Really lucky that time. hahaha...



The siliest mistake i had ever made IS... the assestment paper ask me to put Sine wave but i put Square wave. Because of that Mr Chan scratch my paper, 2 marks fly away. So sad. Another sily mistake was made by my partner, we showed the wrong paper to Mr Chan and we kena slash again. Each time he slash, our heart feel like kena stab once. So painfullllllll..... ARGH........

By the way , if you wondering what slash or sign thing, here is a sample of our assestment...


See the Empty square boxes. That's the place for Mr Chan to sign. If he sign the 1st box starting from the left means, u scored 5 marks. If fail, he will draw a line across that box and you will have to go for 2nd attempt which is 3 marks. Same process continues if you fail again and this time u get only 1 mark. Still cannot... then the forbidden word will appear "INCOMPETENT"

That was what happened in the 2 hours lab today. If you want to know more about Mr Chan and how he asses us, you can visit http://themarcuslimstory.blogspot.com/. He did write on how Mr Chan carries out his way if assessing us.

Not to mention, Marcus force me go college so early today. Suppose to go Inti at 3.30pm but he force me go there at 11 am. Seow wan ler him. But then if i never go early i won't be spending time to think the lab assestment. So its also another way of thank you to Mr Marcus also. Thanks man. Because of that also, i forgotten to go Siew's house to take my stuff. LOL...

No comments: